Pre-participation screening Ultrasound examination of the musculoskeletal system Intra articular and local injections Physiotherapy and rehabilitation Laser therapy Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy Laser liposuction How we can help? Orthotic support Massage Sports nutrition and dietary supplements Medical cover of sports events
Ultrasound examination of the musculoskeletal system
Musculoskeletal sonography is becoming the gold standard for evaluating and managing joint and soft tissue disorders.
What are some common uses of the procedure?
Ultrasound images are typically used to help diagnose:
- tendon tears, or tendinitis of the rotator cuff in the shoulder, Achilles tendon
- muscle tears, masses or fluid collections.
- ligament sprains or tears
- inflammation or fluid (effusions) within the bursae and joints
- early changes of rheumatoid arthritis
- nerve entrapments such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- benign and malignant soft tissue tumors
- ganglion cysts
- foreign bodies in the soft tissues (such as splinters or glass)
- dislocations of the hip in infants
- fluid in a painful hip joint in children
- neck muscle abnormalities in infants with torticollis (neck twisting)
- soft tissue masses (lumps/bumps) in children